Thursday, June 30, 2011

How does your garden grow?

So now we wait...












Wait for the plants to grow...

to climb...

to flower...






WAIT!  A tomato!!  I'm sure that will taste AMAZING in a few weeks...














Everything's growing so strong, so happy in the summer sun.















Especially my onions!!  Stir-fry, anyone?  I'm going to have to thin them out soon, or they'll not grow as big as I need them to be for winter storage...



Though it's kind of hard to think about winter now...not while everything's so warm and green.








And then I get wonderful news....my neighbors can't take care of their plot anymore!  I contact the managers; can I grow squash there, or is it already too late?




They say I can.



So I race the sun to remove the weeds, plant the seeds, and mulch.  I end up finishing by the light of the fireflies.












Soon I'll have a squash patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment