Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So why am I here?

This blog is a journey.  It's my journey...but it could be yours, too.  You see, I used to be your typical, run-of-the-mill, USA Midwesterner:  thinking that a meal wasn't complete without meat and pasta, that boxed/frozen/microwave dinners were the best thing since sliced white bread, and that I was an absolute DISASTER in the kitchen.

But then one day, about a year and a half ago, I had a "What If" moment...


What if...
  • What if...I could eat healthier?   


  • What if...I could feel better - EVERY DAY?   

  • What if...I actually knew where my food came from?   



Just two years ago, I didn't think it was possible.  I saw people "going organic," but thought they were suckers falling for yet another fad diet..or were health nuts...or environmental nuts...or political activists...or just possessed a whole lot more self-control and dedication than I did.  I could never live a more natural/organic lifestyle; it was too much work.  It took too much time!

But I was wrong.  About everything.

This blog is here to chronicle some things I've learned and want to share with the world.  I'm not a doctor, nutritionist, dietitian, political activist, or scientist...I'm just a Midwesterner wanting to live a healthier lifestyle...as simply as possible.  And this blog is my story.


I am here to recruit you.


No comments:

Post a Comment